Saturday 13 February 2010

My Barefoot

I found Barefoot books only last year, quite by chance, when searching online for a book about fairies for my daughter. I had tried all of the obvious sites, showing the usual offerings, most of which she already had.


I saw links on Google for Barefoot Books, a company I had never heard of. I decided to take a quick look, without any real expectation of finding what I was looking for.


I found some really unusual and interesting books, a lovely book about fairies was on the second page I browsed and I decided to buy it together with a book with a singalong CD that I bought as a gift for a little boy.


When the books arrived, I was impressed; they were even better than I expected. My daughter was delighted and entranced with hers and the gift book went down very well too.


Reading about the background of the company, I found that it was set up by two mums and was very 'green' in its operations. All books are made from renewable tree stock and there is currently an initiative to plant a tree in a developing country for every copy sold of certain books.

Barefoot books provide bright, stimulating books. There are rhymes and singalong CDs with many of the books. There are stories to celebrate exotic places, magical creatures and the wisdom of other cultures and world traditions. Respect for the diversity of the earth walks hand in hand with concern for the threatened riches of the planet.

Whilst browsing, I noticed that it was possible to become a Barefoot Ambassador Online. This allowed me to put a link to Barefoot own my own website and receive commission on any orders made through my site. As I had just created a website dealing with green issues, this seemed ideal and I signed up to sell Barefoot online.

I am continuing to make sales through my website and I now sell direct to individuals and organisations.

No comments:

Post a Comment